Along with the excellent dressing recipe below, our salad last week consisted of mixed baby greens, watermelon radish, baby bell peppers, tomatoes and roasted sunflower seeds...just like a party for your taste buds!!
Creamy Lavender Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup sour cream (low fat or fat free)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup olive or grape seed oil
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence (Make your own blend – 1 Tablespoon of Basil, Rosemary, Thyme and Parsley to 1 teaspoon of Marjoram and Garlic to ½ teaspoon of Tarragon and Lavender.)
- 1 ½ tsp dried culinary lavender (ground to fine power in coffee mill)
Combine all ingredients in a pint jar and shake well. Tasty over garden fresh or local salad greens or vegetables. Stores well in refrigerator for 2-3 days.