Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Coffee, Friends & Chocolate Lavender Truffles

Summer is almost over...school starts back in a little over a week. I feel like the past few months have flown by in a blur of manic activity. I DO NOT feel relaxed right now! So, as a "first day of school" celebration, I am planning to have a few girlfriends over after lunch to enjoy some pleasant conversation, a few cups of coffee and a treat that we can't pick up at any random drive through. I have decided to make homemade Chocolate Lavender Truffles!

I've spent a few minutes online everyday this week researching the best recipe and so far, nothing compares to the one we already have listed on our website- www.sunshinelavenderfarm.com

Oh, I am so looking forward to a few moments ALONE with my friends!! I promise to post a few pictures of the get together AND the finished truffles...

Chocolate Lavender Truffles

1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dried lavender florets
12 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 cup unsweetened cocoa

Grate chocolate. Bring cream and lavender to a simmer for one minute, then strain. Add cream to chocolate and stir to melt. Mix well. Chill at least 3 hours. Roll into 1 inch balls, then roll in cocoa. Makes 25 truffles. Lovely as an after dinner treat with coffee!

(Picture via http://allrecipes.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment