Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Lavender
makes 8 servings
3 pounds red-skinned potatoes4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
1/4 tsp Culinary Lavender Buds
- Wash and scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into chunks and place them in a large pot. Cover the potato chucks with cold water; the pot should be about 2/3 full.
- Bring the potatoes to a slow boil over medium-high heat and cook uncovered, until they are tender but not mushy.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and either transfer the potatoes to a large bowl or continue to work within the cooking pot.
- Add the garlic, butter, salt, milk, pepper and lavender buds.
- Whip or mash the all the ingredients thoroughly until the mixture is the consistency you prefer.
- If the potatoes seem too dry, add a few Tbsp of milk.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!
(recipe from page 112 of 'The Lavender Gourmet- Culinary Recipes for Entertaining and Every Day' by Jennifer Vasich)