Thursday, August 14 to
Friday, August 22, 2014
(9 Night Tour)
Lovely villages and vistas under an azure blue sky in the most picturesque countryside you can imagine. This is a unique trip offering up a blend of local sights and flavors. In addition to the lavender fest, how about a wine walk and picnic, goat cheese making, olive oil production, markets, gardens, and more?
This trip offers the opportunity to travel about for excursions with the group and allows for free time to explore on your own too. Annie Greer Baggett of the farm will participate in her second adventure to Provence and is most excited about the behind-the-scenes visit!
Outline itinerary based in Gordes and including the Sault Fete de Lavande-
Thursday 14 August
Arrive and meet at the hotel in Gordes, Mas des Romarins. Dinner at the hotel together in the evening.
Friday 15 August
Sault Fete de la Lavande – all day excursion.
Saturday 16 August
Free in the morning. In the afternoon visit the Moulin du Clos de Jeannon olive oil mill and the Lavender Museum.
Sunday 17 August
Isle sur la Sorgue market. Free afternoon.
Monday 18 August
In the morning visit the Gardens of Salagon, an ethnological museum and gardens supported by Occitane with various different gardens illustrating the different types of provencal plants. In the afternoon, visit the Fromagerie de Banon in the hills of Haute Provence for an explanation of goats cheese production and tasting.
Tuesday 19 August
Gordes market in the morning. In the afternoon visit Roussillon village and also if you wish, a guided visit of the Conservatoire des Ocres for an explanation of ochre production and its use as an artists material. Those who prefer could take a self guided walk in the countryside around Roussillon (1 hour 40 minutes).
Wednesday 20 August
Half day guided wine walk and picnic in the Cotes du Rhone (1 hour scenic drive from Gordes). A gentle stroll in the Dentelles hills with wine tasting picnic.
Thursday 21 August
Free morning. In the afternoon visit pretty Lourmarin village in the south Luberon with its interesting Chateau and Ferme de Gerbaud for a guided visit and tasting dinner. The Ferme de Gerbaud is an organic herb growing farm. The dishes served for dinner are all made with locally grown, seasonal produce, cooked according to traditional Provençal recipes.
Friday 22 August
Free day – optional visit to Avignon by taxi or optional spa visit for relaxation treatment (located in Mane, approx 45 minutes drive from Gordes, products used are Occitane).
Saturday 23 August
The cost includes:
- Accommodation in the Hotel les Romarins, a friendly 3-star hotel based on people sharing a twin or double room. Breakfast is included each day. The hotel is just outside the lovely perched village of Gordes, is walkable into the village and has its own pool and garden for relaxing. All rooms have private facilities.
- Transport for all the group excursions in air conditioned vehicle.
- Dinner in the hotel on 5 evenings during your stay (the hotel has given us a special rate including the 5 dinners).
- Guided vineyard visit with tastings of Cotes du Rhone wines including tasting lunch with wine at the Restaurant Les Florets in Gigondas (if the weather is not too hot and the group prefers, we can choose to change to the stroll and wine tasting picnic nearer the time).
- Entrance fees to the Lavender Museum, Salagon Gardens, Fromagerie de Banon, Conservatoire des Ochres Roussillon, Lourmarin Chateau, Ferme de Gerbaud guided visit, Ferme de Gerbaud tasting supper.
- Tour accompaniment on 18 and 21 August.
- Real Provence holiday planning and the tour arrangements.
Not included in the cost:
- All air travel and taxi transfers to and from your arrival/departure point in Provence.
- Taxi transport for the optional excursions.
- Meals except those detailed above.
- Drinks with the included hotel dinners.
- Drinks and telephone calls in the hotel including mini bar.
- Entrance fees to the optional visits.
CALL FOR BOOKING FORMS (919) 732-5533.
SPACE HOLDING DEPOSIT DUE OCTOBER 25, 2013.