This soup was easy and delicious! Especially when enjoyed with a crunchy french banquette ..oh la la!!
Stuffed Red Pepper Soup with Lavender
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp sunshine lavender farm Herbs de Provence
In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain the fat from the beef with a strainer and return the meat to the pot. Add the water and bouillon and then stir over medium heat for a few minutes until the bouillon is completely dissolved.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir until well incorporated. Bring the soup to a boil, stir and then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 35 minutes or until the rice is tender. Makes approximately 6 to 8 servings.
(recipe adapted from page 136 of 'The Lavender Gourmet- Culinary Recipes for Entertaining and Every Day' by Jennifer Vasich)