Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lavender Hair Rinse

It is officially SPRING! Time to get outside...time to smell the flowers...time to freshen up our homes and our wardrobes. Why not freshen up our hair as well? I've wanted to make a hair rinse for some time but didn't realize how very easy it was to do. 

So, I did a little research on Pinterest and found a super simple recipe. I gathered all the ingredients (baking soda, bottled water, a mason jar, a cute jar for the shower, lavender essential oil and my jar of lavender buds) and went to work.

Anyone who "knows" me knows that I have always have a SUPER cute bottle saved and ready to use for something special. This super cute bottle will now hold my lavender hair rinse in the shower!

First, I added the bottled water and the baking soda to my mason jar. 

Next I added my sunshine lavender farm essential oil. Then I closed the jar up tight and shook to mix everything together.

Finally I filled my "cute bottle" up with a single serving of the hair rinse and placed it in the shower.

I must admit, I LOVE IT!! After I shampoo, I add the entire bottle to my hair and rub it in, especially at the ends. Then I lightly rinse my entire head. 

Give it a try!! It smells just like spring...


Homemade Lavender Hair Rinse
1 1/2 cups bottled water
1 heaping tablespoon of baking soda
10 drops of lavender essential oil

Add all ingredients to a jar and mix. Pour into your hair after shampooing. Rub into the ends of your hair and then lightly rinse.

No comments:

Post a Comment